Tuesday, July 13, 2010

extra 4

Why do textbook cost so much and why did I buy them when I do not need them?

Why does college cost so much?

Why do they have a job field and when someone graduates, their job field changes?

I just spend 68 dollars on an e-book last semester and that was a load of B.S. I could not get a return on that book because all that they give you is a password and that it and it is all online. Where did 68 dollar where did that go to? My teacher said, “This could be the new frontier of textbooks.” A password that cost 68 dollars, I am still pissed at that. I can understand that people who created these textbook did a lot of research and they just want as much money as possible for what they made. I cannot understand why a chemistry book cost 140 dollars, when that is a core class that you need to take. Let take my history class for example, my class has 28 people and their book cost used was 100 dollars. That is 2800 dollars in book. I can tell you for a fact that I did not read or touch that book while I was in that class. Here is the shitty part when I sell or try to sell back that book they might not buy my book back and if they did then I would only get 20 bucks back if it is in good condition. Books are always changing. How much new research cost anyway? They changed the History book and it still has the same information but it has a new cover. I cannot sell my History book back because it not “up to date”.

No comments: